After knowing exactly how much total wattage is needed for your loads using this calculator then you should use the following calculator. You should keep in mind the following points before proceed on using it:
- Decide how many hours your truck will operate
- Visit the Global Solar Atlas Website and find the peak-sun-hour number for your location (more details)
- What solar panels are you going to buy? 300W, 400W, 500W?
- What is the DOD% (depth of discharge) of the battery type you are going to use? (more details)
- How many days are you going to have battery backup (Autonomy Days)?
- What is the capacity of each battery? 200AH, 250AH, 300AH?
- And lastly, what is the voltage of your system? 12V, 24V, 48V?